Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Lake Superior


Yesterday I took Gracie down to Lake Superior and we took a huge walk along the shore. While walking next to the water I was reminded of how much I really do love this city and how incredible the lake is. The waves were really coming in and crashing up against the rocks and as I stood there with the mist spraying my face I felt surrounded with this feeling of strength and peace. There is something so powerful about this lake - it has a tremendous amount of energy - it is hard to explain, but it just does....

One thing that I love about Duluth is that anywhere you are in the city you can always see Lake Superior.....it is so beautiful and I realized that I really missed that when I was away in Kirksville. I decided today that if the people from Kirksville could move and live in Duluth - life would be great, because then I would have the best of both worlds! :-)

P.S. Today I officially changed my name back....Elsie Storm is here to stay and good thing too, cause lets be honest....Storm is way cooler than Callahan :-)

9 comments:

Laci said...

That's a beautiful picture, Elsie

Lacey Guy said...

Lake Superior is beautiful! I'm sure most of us would rather be there than here too! And yes, Storm is totally cooler. Its a superhero name!

Anonymous said...

Go Storm!!!! Miss you Elsie!

Unknown said...

That picture is gorgeous...Kirksville's cracked sidewalks could use a little something like that!

Natalie said...

You are right--Storm is way cooler!

Lisa said...

What a beautiful picture. We miss you Elsie.

Jolyn said...

We miss you! What an beautiful place to be! I would move there:)

thesquiresfamily said...

BEAUTIFUL Picture!!! We miss you too. I have been thinking about you and wanted you to know we love you!

Ruth Harper Gough said...

Elsie Storm... I like it. Strong, like the lake you described, and just like you! :)