Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Keys to being more loving...

I was reading this excerpt in a book called "Fulfilling your Spiritual Promise" this morning, and this part really resonated with me as it hit on every single thing that I'm currently working on within my life right now - being patient, loving myself, loving others to let them be who they are going to be, forgiveness, letting go, etc.... So when I read this, I decided to post it up - mainly so that I can come back to it and refresh my memory when I need to be reminded that Loving is key.

"Loving can be defined as so many ways.  We can refer to loving as not hurting yourself and not hurting anyone else and as taking care of yourself so you can help take care of others.  If you truly do these things, you will be more loving.

Loving may look like many things to many people......

  • It may look like patience, where you let things unfold the way they are going to anyway
  • It might look like tolerance and acceptance, where you let people be what they need to be; even if you do not think it is terrific, you know that underneath whatever is going on for them, they are doing the very best they know how.
  • Loving may also look like being good to yourself and knowing that you are doing your very best at the time.
  • It may be serving someone with no thought of recognition or gain.
  • It may be living your life in honesty and integrity and keeping your agreements with yourself and others.
  • It may be forgiveness of yourself, others, situations and circumstances
  • And of course, loving can also come in many other forms and expressions.  But start with the loving, and then let your expression and behavior come from that."
Pretty good stuff - right?  A little easier said than done at times, but I definitely think that it is profound and accurate.  I'm working on it....  :-)

No comments: