Thursday, November 29, 2012

Making it through


With the steady beat of a heart
My body grows colder each day,
Without the warmth of your hands
Or the glow of the sun to heat me

This pace isn’t letting up
But yet I’m still standing here…
Wondering how you got so far away
Where I can’t touch you, or feel you.

My grip loosens and bends
Learning how to let go,
But not understanding why I must,
Its too confusing you see…

The memory of a love that once also had so much pain
Flickers to remind me that it is still here.


But with the steady beat of a heart
I know I must brave the valleys and the peaks
To warm my body without you,
I just need to figure out how 
I’m going to make it through this year...

Yet in one way or another, 
Poco a poco, pequeños pasos....
little by little, small steps....
I am finding a way to pick up my heart
and arrive.  

 Mujer corazón viajero 

No comments: